Friday 13 June 2008

Lions for Lambs

OK peeps,

I just watched this film starring Robert Redford, Meryl Streep and Tom Cruise.
It is a must see!

If you know me, you will know that the political world view portrayed in the film is what makes me like it. It is a complex interwoven political thriller / drama, taking a look at the 'war on terror', the media, politics and personal responsibility in the US, but it echoes loudly into the British context. It is far from being a balanced exploration and does come with a heavy bias - but frankly all that actually means is that it says something and means to say it.

Films like this keep my mind active whilst my body tells me to rest.
It does also inspire me to know more - to guard against ignorance and to actually get involved rather than just railing against all that is wrong.

So - watch it and see what you think!

Watch the utube clip - left.

No comments: